Subject: Re: Bootable CD-ROM woes...
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Anthony DeLorenzo <gonzo@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2000 14:51:58
> What I'd suggest is, if you're game, is to try and compile mksunbootcd.c
> on your Linux box.  I'll send you another email with the source and 1
> particular header you're unlikely to have.

mksunbootcd compiled fine (once I installed the header into /usr/include)
on my linux machine, which is:

i686 (Pentium III-350)
Slackware 7.0 (Kernel 2.2.13)
egcs-1.1.2
glibc-2.1.2

I'm in the process of putting togther an image now, I'll keep you posted
on how it goes and if it actually ends up booting.

A note...  Mkhybrid has been merged into the cdrecord package and now
seems to offer this same functionality through the -sparc-boot
flag[1].  I'm
going to try creating another image using only mkhybrid (or maybe
mkisofs) and the syboot.fs file
and see if it works, in which case mksunbootcd may not be necessary.

If this is the case, I'll try to put together a revision to be contributed
to the online docs.

It will probably take a few days to report back...  I've got to build the
iso images on my linux box and then get them onto my windows partition to
burn them, as all I've got is a USB (gag) CD-ROM burner...

Regards,

Tony

[1] Check out README.sparcboot in the cdrecord distribution

# Anthony DeLorenzo <gonzo@vex.net>
# Whitehorse, YT
# http://www.vex.net/~gonzo/
# mojo wire: 209-391-8932