Subject: Re: Netbooting problems
To: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2000 07:25:25
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Simon Raahauge DeSantis wrote:

> I'm trying to netboot one of my ipcs using an IPX (everything using NetBSD).
> I managed to nuke the kernel on the nfs'd root (which is all 1.4.1) so I put
> the 1.4.2 kernel I had handy on it. When it starts to load the kernel it
> gets a few error messages like this:
> Late Collision  TDR: (decimal) 0

Not sure about this, sorry.

> This will happen a few times after the first number of kernel loading (when
> it's adding up the various numbers and loading the kernel) before the second
> number. The kernel then later panics, right after reporting the floppy
> drive. I have no idea what's going on here so any help would be much
> appreciated.

What does the panic tell you?  If it's something to the extent of "can't
mount root partition" then you'd have to check you netbooting setup.  Make
sure the IPX's root partition is exported and mountable via NFS, etc...

If it panics due to another problem, it might help to grab that output and
post the panic messages here.

Hope this helps,

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)