Subject: Audio on SS10 1.4.2
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Field <dof@nantymoch.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/2000 18:05:17
I apologise If this is a stupid question but..

I have justinstalled NetBSD for the first time after 4 years of Linux
and I would like to get audio working on my sparc 10.

I have installed the sox and mpg123 packages but get the following error
when trying to play an mp3 file.

<OUTPUT>
menaibash-2.04# mpg123 /usr/Fastball\ -\ Which\ Way\ To\ The\ Top.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Title  : Which Way To The Top            Artist: Fastball
Album  : All The Pain Money Can Buy      Year  :
Comment:                                 Genre : Rock

Directory: /usr/
Playing MPEG stream from Fastball - Which Way To The Top.mp3 ...
Junk at the beginning 49443303
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 96 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
No supported rate found!
</OUTPUT>

Any help or fingerpointing and laughing would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Dan