Subject: re: hme driver: ...we have one that works?
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/2000 08:35:27
On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

# > Are we having problems talking to the PCI bus in general?  That's what
# > it seems like to me.  The PCI layout must be hella weird if we can't talk
# > to the PCI stuff which works in other places...
#
# Sun does use custom PCI controllers and relies heavily on the OBP for
# device probing, so it's not at straight-forward as just another intel
# box.  Then there's the endianness issue, and the IOMMU and DVMA....

Endianness should be pretty straightforward; unfortunately it does kind
of preclude a MI PCI driver (in the interest of speed); perhaps it should
be pci-be...

...and that OBP, IOMMU and DVMA are sheer hair from this kernel observer
(I look, don't touch :-).

# Eduardo Horvath

				--*greywolf;
--