Subject: New Boot Blocks
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/2000 13:54:35
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:

> Would it perhaps make sense (at least as an interim measure) to
> use a boot loader which should load at 0x380000?

Is there nobody out there capable of writing a boot loader that can
relocate itself after loading? It strikes me as a bit...unpleasant that
changing a SIMM can make your machine not boot any more. Not to mention
that most users are going to have no clue about the SPARC boot process
and which boot blocks they should install and so on.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
  Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes