Subject: Re: Getting NetBSD onto an IPC.
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/2000 09:50:35
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Darren Reed wrote:

> How does one get NetBSD onto a Sun IPC these days ?  I'm told the floppy
> driver is broken in -current - the boot.fs's that I've downloaded from
> snapshots have failed to find the kernel.  If I attempt to boot a 1.4.1
> or 1.4.2 floppy, it screws up when probing bwtw0 - see PR#10307.  Will
> a netboot of -current work ?

Last time I did this, I netbooted 1.4 (IIRC) to install onto the IPC, then
loaded -current after I had the bootable 1.4 enviroment.  But that was a
while ago, so YMMV.

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)