Subject: Solaris emulation problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Strauss <strauss@astracom.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/08/2000 17:29:37
Hi there,

I've setup a Sparc Classic with Solaris emulation as described in
compat_svr4(8) - the Solaris files are located in /emul/svr4, and my
kernel build includes the options "COMPAT_SVR4" and "EXEC_ELF32".
Anyway, if I try to execute a simple Solaris 7 program, the kernel fails
to execute it:

alex@modena:/mnt/bin:(5)> ./less
./less: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
alex@modena:/mnt/bin:(6)>

Any suggestions?

Another topic - I've included the bpp driver in my kernel and created
the corresponding device, and it works fine for me (and my printer). It
perhaps would be a good idea to include a reference line (commented) to
the GENERIC config file and add a few lines to the MAKEDEV script. This
would make things a lot easier, as one wouldn't necessarily have to
search the source code for the build options and device numbers!

Thanks,
Alex
--
Alexander Strauss - Email: strauss@ti.com - TI-MSG: ALST
System Administrator - Mixed Signal & Logic Products Europe