Subject: re: JavaStation
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/05/2000 08:23:14
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, matthew green wrote:

> wow, openboot 3.x really?  that is probably a Real OFW then.  you may
> need to steal code from the sparc64 port.  (actually, it may be better
> if it was changed to share this code some how if there is any way.)

I thought pk added 3.x support to -current.

Anyway, OpenFirmware should be capable of directly loading ELF executables
over the net.  If you can't load the kernel that way you can try to nab
the sparc64/stand/ofwboot and convert it to 32-bit.  You will need to
change Locore.c to use 32-bit `cell_t' and re-write srt0.s so it doesn't
use 64-bit insns and a 64-bit unaligned stack.

(If you have a disk then the sparc64 bootblock should work right out of
the box.)

Eduardo Horvath