Subject: upgrading Sparc 1+ running 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 - what's the best method?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Craig Ian Dewick <craig@lios.apana.org.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/02/2000 17:09:19
Hi everyone,

I'm running NetBSD 1.4.1 (binary release - just using a generic kernel) on
a Sparcstation 1+ as my FTP server machine, and I'd like to upgrade to
1.4.2 now that it's been available for a while.

What is the best way to perform the upgrade? Previously I set up the 1.4.1
binary release to netboot from this machine (Sparc 20 running Solaris), so
can I upgrade that way? Should I upload the tarballs to the 1+ and extract
them over the top of the 1.4.1 filesystems with the machine running
single-user?

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Craig.

--
  Craig Ian Dewick (craig@lios.apana.org.au). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig
  Operator of Jedi - An APANA Sydney member-access site. Email me for details