Subject: serial terminal connection behavior
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2000 23:15:02
I'm running my SPARC IPX headless, controlling it through a serial
terminal.  I'm using minicom on a Linux PC for the terminal, just
because it was handy and gave me a way to do the install without a
keyboard and monitor.... :-)

Well, it installed and configured fine.  To test the net connection,
I started a ping from the root shell via the terminal connection.
After verifying that it worked, I tried to control-C out of ping --
and the program refuses to end.  I've tried sending a break, copying
a binary file made up of control-Cs to the serial port, all kinds of
things.  Is there a key sequence I can send from minicom that will
stop the program running on the SPARC? I don't see this addressed in
the FAQ.

Silly me, I didn't configure telnetd before doing this, so I can't
even telnet in and kill the getty.  :-(

I'm running 1.4.1 on the SPARC, if it matters.  Standard no-frills install.
--
| Greg Dunn                       | this is slowly taking me apart.  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               | grey would be the color if i     |