Subject: Re: Sparc Classic dilemma
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2000 08:55:40
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jon Lindgren wrote:

# > To get from situation (b) to situtation (a), you'll need to reset the
# > EEPROM.  I seem to recall the magic keyboard invocation as something like
# > {L1}n but I'm not certain.  Once the EEPROM is back to normal (no
# > password), you're at situation (a).
#
# IIRC, there was no key combo to erase the NVRAM.  I think the only way was
# to replace the chip (the larger, 20-24 pin TimeKeeper series I think) with
# a new one and reprogram it.

Power off, power on, L1-N (or Stop-N) held down until the CRT responds is
the NVRAM-reset.  It *should* reset to factory defaults.

#
# Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  If there is a key sequence, it'd
# be a nice piece of info to have...

L1-R and L1-F do things, as well, IIRC.  (I just don't remember what...)

# -Jon
#  "There is no fourth tower of Inverness!!!" -Meatball Fulton

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: Resistance is NOT futile!