Subject: Re: SparcStation 5 vs. 10
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: James Sharp <jsharp@psychoses.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2000 10:00:02
> *SIGH*
>
> IN order to make use of any advantages that a dual processor SS10 might have
> (I'll ignore the "ought to be" comment for now) you'd have to have a kernel
> with true multi-threading capability and that isn't an issue when we talk
> about Netbsd, is it?

I've been under the impression that the kernel is threaded & thread-safe,
and we're just waiting for the process scheduler and platform-dependant
CPU spin-up code to be finished.

If the kernel wasn't multi-threaded, then the test SMP kernels for the
i386 platform wouldn't work, no?

But I've had 3 hours of sleep...so I could be completely on crack.