Subject: Re: xf86config and sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <garry@linuxstart.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/31/2000 00:09:44
> Don't be so PC centered :-)
> Well, xf86config is for XFree86. The Tadpole is merely a Sun and runs
> vanilla X11R6.4, not XFree86, so it doesn't have xf86config. You won't
> need it anyway, when you use a -current kernel then it should support X
> on your machine as cg3 emulation and X should run without any
> configuration right out of the box.
haha, you're right, I shoulda thought, " this is a Sparc machine, so it
has much better software/hardware integration than PC-based
architecture, I probably don't need xf86config!"  and it turns out
'startx' worked right out of the box ;)

tnx to you and others on the list for the help :)

--
Garry Dolley
Webmaster