Subject: ttyE?: No such file or directory
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <garry@linuxstart.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/2000 00:55:43
Upon bootup and about every 10 mins, I get this message on the console
of my Tadpole SparcBook 3GX laptop:

getty[155]: /dev/ttyE0: No such file our directory

(there are others from 1-2)

I've recompiled the kernel with the stock TADPOLE3GX configuration file
(slightly modified though). [however, I don't see any wscons option in
there anyway, nor pc0, vt0 ..)
I tried: cd /dev ; sh MAKEDEV ttyE*   but had no luck (it's not in the
MAKEDEV script as far as I can tell).

So, what should I do to get rid of these errors?  Can I still have
virtual-terms without using wscons?  Please advise on the best solution,
thanks!!
oh yeah, I installed NetBSD 1.4 (Nov. '99 build from Comdex CD)

--
Garry Dolley
Webmaster