Subject: Re: SLC 4/20FM-8 box... what to run on it?
To: Michael Loftis <zop12@mindless.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/22/2000 09:33:34
> Well I've a box like this, but they don't seem to be able to netboot :)
> I've tried numerous times with my Linux TFTP Server and the machine just
> doesn't seem to accept the packets :shrug:
>
> If you have any luck, let me know because I've one just like it I'd love
> to be able to put back into use (and several SCSI drives, with external
> cases heh)

Well, after some playing, I got some external drives up on it and a cdrom,
and as a test put on a full Slowlaris 2.4 install.  Hours later, it actually
came up fine.  So the hardware seems to be working.  Next to see about
hanging a NetBSD in it for more comfort.

The screen is a bit dim, but other than that, the hardware seems to be
OK.  Are there any internal adjustments to brighten up the screen some?
I have had to do that lately on all my old sun monitors, it seems, but
I dunno how to get into the SLC box, exactly.

Thanks

Bob