Subject: Sparc 10 new disk prblm....
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hezekiah Mcmurray <hez@mayo.caltech.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/15/2000 15:47:29
Have a new 9+ gb Hard drive (Seagate Barracuda).....

I have successfully used a boot floppy (1.4.2) to do the necessary
fsck/newfs/sysinst stuff - alll successful.

During reboot - the machine attempts to boot net.
After changing this is in the env and just typing boot disk at the ok
prompt - the machine still tries to boot over the net.

Typing boot disk0 get's me a "can't open device" error.

Probe-scsi sees the disk the way it should .....

Disklabel issue????
Help - anyone????

Hez

Hezekiah McMurray
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
California Institute of Technology
(626)395-6052
hez@caltech.edu

Always remember - if you would have used Pine - none of this would be
happening right now.