Subject: SUN4 -- No DMA found?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <ww@styx.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/15/2000 00:10:32
I've been trying to get a -current kernel compiled on
a sun4/330. The kernel compiles ok, but doesn't find
dma0. The esp driver subsequently panics. The relevant
lines in the config:

dma0    at obio0 addr 0xfa001000 level 4                # sun4/300
esp0    at obio0 addr 0xfa000000 level 4 flags 0x0000   # sun4/300

obio0 is correctly found.

The machine is running the 1.4.1 GENERIC kernel right now,
and the boot messages indicate that it is finding dma0 and esp0
in the right places. The 1.4.2 GENERIC kernel seems to have no
sun4 support, so I can't speak as to its behaviour...

I'm going to try to plough through the problem but I haven't
done much BSD kernel programming, so I don't know how far
I'll get.

If anyone knows of a change between 1.4.1 and current that
may have these symptoms, any help would be appreciated.

Please reply to me personally as well as to the list (if
you wish to reply to the list...) as I can't read mail at
the address where I am subscribed right now.

Thanks,
Will Waites