Subject: latest snapshot...?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/2000 21:03:57
Hi, all.

I've been having trouble with "signal 11" and other things on trying to
bring my sparc to -current. I'd previously been running 1.4X, I believe,
but it might have been one letter earlier. In any event, I couldn't
manage to get it to even get through a "make obj", so I decided to
leapfrog ahead with a snapshot. (I didn't get any such errors with my
previous kernel.)

Unfortunately, the latest snapshot on the ftp site appears to have been
built against crypto-us (or maybe crypto-intl, but I don't know). A
lack of libkrb made things a bit tricky. Then, on managing to get the
secr set onto the box, I get a bunch of "unresolved symbol" messages
from libkrb...

"Ai! Ai!"

So, I'm fighting my way through a build, hoping thing'll work this time.
I'm just curious if anyone else has seem similar problems...

--
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us              E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  B l u m e n k r a f t