Subject: updating installboot to handle ustarfs?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/09/2000 00:08:34
Still on the subject of sparc/bootfs not fitting on a floppy.
Doing a ustarfs similar to what i386 now uses seems the right thing to
do.

Doing the Makefiles for sparc/fdset was pretty simple - the equivalent
i386 makefiles were mostly ok for sparc too.  However its not going to
work until either our installboot can handle frobbing a non ffs fs,
probably the same way that i386 does, or someone comes up with an
alternative.

Anyway, I've just had a look at i386 vs sparc installboot, and decided
it was going to take more time than I have right now.  That and the
fact that I don't have a sparc with a floppy, means that I don't think
I can do this any time soon.

If someone who is already familiar with installboot can take care of
that, I can supply the Makefile which should do the rest.

If that doesn't happen by the time I can get around to it, I'll have
another look, but I can't say when that will be.

--sjg