Subject: Re: ftpchroot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Quointeau <f.quointeau@wsc.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/02/2000 19:08:23

> Hi !
>
> I have just upgraded my old NetBSD 1.3.3 sparcStation with 1.4.2, and the
> ftpd deamon begins strange :
>
> It appears not reading the "ftpchroot" file, and then my users connects to
> "real" class, and not "chroot" class.
>
> Any idea please ?
>
> Thank you !

The ftpd man page says :

"If the word following the matched glob pattern is
     ``yes'' or there is no following word, the root is changed.  If the word
     is ``no'', or if no match is found, the root is not changed.  No further
     comparisons are attempted after the first successful match.  This syntax
     is backward-compatable with the old syntax."

And it is not true :-(
I put the "yes" word on each line, and it works fine :-)

Excuse me !

---
Excuse me for my poor english...
Frederick Quointeau, Network and System administrator
WSC WebSystem Communication, Paris (http://www.wsc.fr)
---