Subject: Floppy errors
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/29/2000 14:38:52
I've got four SPARCs (two IPX, two IPC) with non-working floppydrives. I'm
hoping it's just choked with dust or something. Here's a sample error
message from one of the IPCs trying to mount a DOS floppy (and I know the
floppy is formatted correctly):
xiamin@goethe ~ % sudo mount -tmsdos /dev/fd0c /mnt
Password:
fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (st0 40<abnrml> st1 1<no_am> st2 0 cyl 0
head 0
sec 1)
fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (st0 40<abnrml> st1 1<no_am> st2 0 cyl 0
head 0
sec 1)
mount_msdos: mount: Input/output error

Does this mean my drive is dead or what? According to the previous owner the
drive was working fine a month ago, so maybe it got damaged in shipping.
--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis