Subject: Re: Anyone want to port NetBSD to a SPARC powered cray ?
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/2000 11:35:08
On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> We're talking about a machine that's almost 10 years old and a company
> that has changed hands at least once.  I'm not certain that the
> information still exists.  I expect the group that worked on this machine
> are probably part of Sun now.  Sun has a tendency to throw everything out
> after about 5 years.  Hardware, documentation, you name it.  (The halls
> get pretty clogged with old stuff during the anual Spring cleaning.)
>
> Maybe you can get lucky and guys down in San Diego may like hanging on to
> old documentation.  But I wouldn't spend $3.5K on that thing without
> documentation firmly in hand.

I thought it was the Beaverton folks who did this thing. My Brother in Law
worked at Floating Point Systems (FPS) which got bought by Cray and now is
part of Sun. They had both Beaverton and San Diego sites. But I thought
the hardware was done in the sillicon forest.

You're right that the docs might be hard to find these days.

Take care,

Bill