Subject: Sparc Classic serial (zstty) max bps
To: NetBSD-Sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/2000 14:03:07
All,

This weekend I managed to finally get my Sparc Classic demand PPP-ing,
routing and NATing happily away - many thanks to everyone who replied
to my last (slightly off topic) email about getting ipnat to work :-).

My only remaining question <grin> is of the serial port speed.  Can the
serial port of the Sparc Classic (and pppd) be coaxed into working at
speeds > 38k4?  After much fiddling I thought I had minicom talking at
57k6 (it could have been lying,) but I can't convince pppd to do
the same.

The man page for zstty just says it can go "[higher than 38k4] on some
machines", but doesn't identify which; checking the NetBSD-Sparc FAQ
and the Sun Hardware FAQ doesn't shed any light.

Could anyone let me know if it's possible?  Vague memories suggest
there may be some cleverness required setting additional flags in an
IOCTL in addition to just specifying a higher baud rate than 38k4, but
that could just be a total red herring <grin>.

Thanks in advance!
Tim.

--
Tim Walls