Subject: Re: Errors on custom kernel
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2000 10:56:12
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, der Mouse wrote:

# >>> I built myself a custom kernel for my SS2 and savecore is upset at
# >>> me and I can't seem to track down the offending code.
# >> Do you really boot on the kernel named '/netbsd' ?
# > No, the kernel is not named /netbsd, It's netbsd.TEST,
#
# That explains it.  libkvm is using /netbsd (or /var/db/kvm.db, which is
# built from /netbsd).  You can either live with it until you're done
# testing, or you can put your test kernel in /netbsd, or it might work
# to "kvm_mkdb /netbsd.TEST" (I've never tried this last).

Whatever happened to using "savecore -N netbsd.TEST /var/crash"?
I thought the whole idea was to be able to savecore an arbitrarily-
booted kernel.

If not, we should get the -N out of there -- or, better, not make it
depend on what libkvm thinks is current reality.

Don't get me wrong, libkvm is probably a very sane idea.  But it doesn't
seem to allow very well for testing.

#
# 					der Mouse
#
# 			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
# 		     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B
#

				--*greywolf;
--
"I didn't get where I am today without using BSD."