Subject: Re: 1.4T on Sparcbook
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2000 07:59:44
I have a Sparcbook 3?, not sure of what model. It runs 1.4.2 just fine, but
does not have support for power management, X11, serial ports, etc.

I tried the 1.4T (current) kernel. It configures the power management, and
does not configure the W9000 video. There is a several minute delay when it
configures the le0 Ethernet port, and networking does not work right. I can
ping the Sparcbook, but cannot telnet of FTP to or from the Sparcbook.

I have a 10BASE-T transceiver on the AUI port, which works fine with 1.4.2.
The media type on 1.4T is set to 10base5.

How do I fix this?

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson@IDS.net