Subject: Re: Time to get off the fence.....
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/23/2000 12:32:00
On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 11:39:26AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> [...]
> I've never seen it except when multiple processes are running, usually
> my X session and something else.  (I can't recall ever getting all the
> way through a "make build" on a 1+....)  A low-userland-load machine
> like the co-loc I mentioned could well stay up indefinitely....

The 'mrtg' machine has a quite high userland load: it runs several
mrtg from the crontab at the same time, and gets web pages from other
hosts who runs mrtg locally and scp the pages to the server.
All this is run from a */5 crontab entry and as all machines runs xntpd,
every 5mn there is a load of 4 to 5 on the machine ...
Now for sure I don't run X on the machine, it doesn't even have a
framebuffer.

Is the CPU in the IPC supposed to be the same as in the 1+ ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>