Subject: Re: floppy problems?
To: nm <nm@vt.edu>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/21/2000 16:52:10
> I wrote boot-142.fs to a known good formatted floppy and
> booted with the boot floppy command.  Here is what I get:
>
> Boot device: /fd   File and args:
> Data Access Exception
>
> This is on an IPX.  Any ideas what this message means?

I ran into that a couple of times, on 1.4.2A, but don't recall
that on the 1.4.2 install.

I did have to change some settings from OpenBSD to NetBSD in the
prom, and I may have had to change the boot-dev to floppy from
disk or something like that.  You might check for those kinds of
things.  Also, make sure the boot-file is set to netbsd.

That is all I can think of, offhand.  If anyone knows more details
about this Data Access Exception message, do holler.

Bob