Subject: Re: IPC memory banks
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/15/2000 12:18:23
mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu said on 2000-04-15:

> I have a sparc IPC.  It has 3 memory banks (0,1,2) of 4 simms each.  I
> have 2 banks of 1MB simms and 1 of 4MB simms.  Right now I can't boot from
> the 1.4.2 syboot.fs I think because of the memory mapping problem.  Does
> anyone know if there is a particular combination of how I install this
> memory which can work around it?

Off the top of my head, make sure the 4MB simms are placed before the
1MB simms.  That's the only problem I've ever run into with an IPC
regarding memory.

Hope this helps,

-yubyub
croquette - n.  A small cake of minced | SMTP: yubyub@yubyub.net
 food, such as poultry, vegetables, or | http://www.yubyub.net
 fish, that is usually coated with     | NetBSD on Sparc, Alpha
 bread crumbs and fried in _deep fat_. |  i386, Mac68k, VAX