Subject: -current problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Gregor <bgregor@buphy.bu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/14/2000 10:43:29
I've come across two problems in a recent compile of -current
on my Sparc Classic, with sources supped a week ago.

The more important one:
	Everything was working fine, until I recompiled the
kernel to add NFS server support.  Now, 'dmesg' reports a
"bad magic number error" and won't run, and 'top' reports
0% for the % of time in user, system, idle, etc.

I tried recompiling libkvm, dmesg, and top, but this didn't
work.  Just to clarify, I was running a custom kernel
with everything working fine, and just added "options NFSSERVER".
My config file is at: http://caffeine.bu.edu/~bgregor/SPARC
Any ideas?

The second issue: that lmbench benchmark no longer works.
It compiles & starts up fine, but hangs while testing
latencies (the 1st benchmark it runs).  Well, the system
doesn't hang, the program appears to go into a loop.
This worked fine on 1.4.2.

Brian