Subject: re: Bootable CD.
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/07/2000 21:25:18

   I've run it on an i386.    That was 6 months ago, and my memory is
   pretty hazy, but I don't think there was anything very complex to do
   to make it work.

mksunbootcd is pretty portable.

   But if I were you, I'd just go compile mksunbootcd and run it locally.
   (I think the most significant change I needed was to grab a local copy
   of <dev/sun/disklabel.h> and change the #include path - but I don't remember
   now why that was necessary - or even if it really was).

it uses this file to get the sun disklabel format; that's where
it is found under NetBSD.

the reason mksunbootcd was created is that mkisofs didn't have options
for creating bootable sun disks.