Subject: Re: SPARCcenter 1000
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/06/2000 22:00:18
On April 6, Erik Fair wrote:
> There tend to be two problems with "high end" equipment like the sun4d series:
>
> 1. (the usual) lack of hardware documentation.
>
> 2. unavailable to a motivated and knowledgeable developer because
> they're "too expensive" to let go for just development.
>
> Now, if you can get that SPARCcenter 1000 into the hands of someone
> who wanted to make it go...
>
> 	don't look at me!

  If someone within reasonable shipping distance (i.e. continental US)
has the testicular fortitude to attempt to get NetBSD/sparc running
on the SS1000, I will provide a machine (maybe even two) for development.

  The same goes for making NetBSD/sparc64 useful on SBus Ultras (le
driver fuckage, etc).

                   -Dave McGuire