Subject: Re: SPARCcenter 1000
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/06/2000 21:12:14
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Toru Nishimura wrote:

# Hello, SPARC folks.
#
# I'm about to turn off SPARCcenter electricity due to the end of life
# (asset cycle) and retire it from duty within a few days.  According to
# NetBSD/sparc WEB page SPARCcenter is categolized as one of unsupported
# models.  Is it worth trying to run NetBSD/sparc on it, or just a pipe
# dream???  What's the technical obstracle to do that?  Without
# appropriate action, it will be dumped in a straight fashion as nCUBE
# or Challeges as we discarded recently.
#
#    sun4d w/ 4x TI,TMS390Z550 SuperSPARC, 327680KB memory, Fibre Channel RAID

Save your peripherals and your memory and any frame buffers you may have
on that box.  Otherwise, no, it's not supported and I don't think it will
be (someone want to prove me (and Nishimura-san) wrong?

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: What do you want to serve today?