Subject: source for sparcbook keyboard
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/06/2000 13:20:45
I spilled powdery institutional hot chocolate on my sparcbook 3gx.  I've
dismantled, cleaned/inspected, tested, u.s.w., and it's definitely all
fine except for the keyboard. Tadpole refuses to sell me one.  They want
me to pay for the keyboard plus $250 plus shipping both ways, plus i have
to wait for it which means i won't be able to do my schoolwork on it.
There are only seven more Machine Learning classes.  This saddens me
greatly.  I just wanted someone to FedEx me a new keyboard--i am not an
idiot, and i own a damned sparcbook to prove it!

If you know someone who can help me, please, thank you, let me know.
Otherwise, thanks for listening.  :)

Is there any way to force these things into serial console mode?
Unplugging the keyboard ribbon cable doesnt work. :-'

BTW, they _are_ beautiful machines.  I've never seen anything like it.
The back-panel connectors are shielded as soon as they leave the plane of
the circuitboard. If you need to take yours apart, I can tell you what I
know.  sorry i haven't written in a while, and now i'm just asking for
something, but well im desperate.  thanks.

--
Miles Nordin / v:+1 720 841-8308 fax:+1 530 579-8680
555 Bryant Street PMB 182 / Palo Alto, CA 94301-1700 / US