Subject: Re: netbooting an OF 1.0.5 macppc with SUNW,hme on PCI
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/05/2000 14:14:42
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 08:58:54PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> BTW, it seems that /sys/dev/ic/hme.c has bus_dmamem_alloc() and
> bus_dmamem_map() but no bus_dmamap_load() nor bus_dmamap_sync()...

Hm, you're right. Looks like it will fail on architectures that
have a different notion of DMA memory. It needs a bus_dmamap_create
and bus_dmamap_load in there, before you can assign the address
value to the dmabase in the softc. I suppose that this might not
matter on the sparc with its DVMA, but it should be fixed

- Frank