Subject: Remote boot for Sun 4/110 box
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Richter <glassman1@neonshadow.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/04/2000 04:43:57
I picked up a Sun 4/110 and i'm trying to set it up as a remote boot
workstation since neither of the HDs I got with it are functional. The
remote boot host is a linux box with rarp and tftp daemons configured.
I set up a NetBSD 1.4.2 / sparc file layout and cp'd the remote loader
as specified in the HOWTO on my linux box. Then upon power up the 4/110
failed to boot from sd(0,0,0), no surprise, no such device :). At the
monitor prompt I typed 'b ie()', netboot process starts sucessful
retrievel of ip, and then boot loader which promptly crashes with the
message:

Memory alignment error with PC 0x0037D2C. Instruction "0xC6222004".

Any ideas?

-Gerald

--
* glassman1@neonshadow.net ->  Lord  Phear  <- ICQ UIN 8838302     *