Subject: Re: cg6 RASTERCONSOLE
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/29/2000 03:40:02
> As another IPX owner, let me add my vote for the new code...

> And here I was just about to start playing with one of my SPARC LX's
> which have a cg6 built-in...

Okay, I now have the cg6 RASTERCONSOLE code basically done.  I've got
cg6-specific versions of {copy,erase}{rows,cols} and do_cursor
implemented and as far as I can tell working.  I think the code is
basically KNF, though admittedly I didn't go through it with
share/misc/style in the other window checking in detail.

Four files need patching, all in arch/sparc/dev:

cgsix.c
	The code to implement the above, plus a few assignments to hook
	them into the appropriate function pointers.

cgsix_obio.c
cgsix_sbus.c
	Code to map the relevant piece of the framebuffer.  I haven't
	been able to test the obio code, but the changes seem clear
	enough that I'm not worried.

cgsixvar.h
	Declare a structure corresponding to the relevant cg6
	registers, and declare a handle to access it via.

I'll be happy to mail the changes to anyone who wants a copy.  (For
those of you with shell access to cvs.netbsd.org, I'm currently trying
to update the copy of my private patch tree there, but ssh seems to be
spazzing out a bit, so I don't know how successful that will be.  Have
a look in ~mouse/mouse-patch-tree/src/sys/arch/sparc/dev for the above
four patch files....)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca