Subject: Re: cg6 RASTERCONSOLE
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/25/2000 13:42:08
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, der Mouse wrote:

# Over the last week or so, I've dug around and found enough info the cg6
# to be able to use some of its hardware acceleration.
#
# In particular, I mostly know how to use the blitter.

Yeaaaa!

Can you do enough with the colormapping that we can do reliable ansi
color sequences on the console, eventually, do ya think?

# This has finally allowed me to get rid of the execrably slow scrolling
# when using a cg6 under RASTERCONSOLE.  (Indeed, on at least one of my
# machines, the console scrolling is equally slow - perhaps due to an old
# ROM rev.)

What rev?  I have the fastcons eeprom code if you want it.

# I've also had two crashes in the stock eraserows() routine when running
# window(1) on the bare console; if they don't go away with a new kernel,
# I'll also write cg6-specific support for that and possibly a few other
# routines (eg copycols).
#
# Would there be any interest in getting this code into the tree?  If so,
# I'll KNFify the code - but I'd rather not put myself through that if
# it's not going to be of any use.

As the proud owner of an IPX (soon to be the proud owner of a FREE
ss5 with a TGX (cg6 rev 11)), of course I'd like it in there.

# 					der Mouse

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: The choice of hundreds worldwide.