Subject: Tadpole with 1.4.2 troubles anyone?
To: NetBSD-Sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Ross Davis <mrd@metatronpress.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/24/2000 21:51:22
Hi everyone,

I just installed 1.4.2 on my Tadpole 3GX and I've noticed some strange
things. For instance, 1.4 included bash and root had it as a default shell,
but 1.4.2 doesn't seem to. It also doesn't default to shadow passwds, and
for some strange reason when I add a user to the wheel group it doesn't
"work", and when I login as that user, I'm not in the group (and can
therefore not su to root). It kinda leaves me with the feeling that 1.4.2
isn't as "complete" as 1.4.

I'm also interested in a basic instruction set on how to set up the X server
for this Tadpole display.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

matt