Subject: Re: Sun ZX (LEO) frame buffer
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/2000 11:19:14
> At the risk of sounding heretical ...

> Why are we putting esoteric hardly-anybody-has-this sort of stuff
> like SPARCprinter LPVI interfaces and ZX framebuffers on TODO lists?

As the only person I recall who's recently talked of working on the
lpvi, I can perhaps partially answer this.

"We" didn't put it on my TODO list.  *I* did.

I did so because I've got one and I want to use it.

If you have a problem with what I choose to work on, well, offer to pay
me and you may get me to work on something else.

> Maybe it's just me, but it seems like audio and 24-bit support for
> more common 24-bit framebuffers should be more important than lpvi
> drivers and ZX cards.

Perhaps to the Project they should be.

Perhaps to the Project they are.

To me, they aren't...until and unless I have them.

Or until and unless someone pays me to.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca