Subject: 1.4.2 update!
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/11/2000 05:07:53
Tonight I decided to roll in Paul's two patches (praying that the
non-context diffs would be good enough) and build new kernels.

The resulting install materials still work fine on my SparcBook 3gx and
IPX, and the (sysinst) installed systems boot fine. X11 comes up on the IPX.
(X11 support for the SB3gx was never pulled up.)

While banging my head on the IPX-only vnd crashes yet again, I noticed that
the contents of the non-sysinst boot floppy have shrunk! This means we can
shrink the MINIROOTSIZE. After moving the build drive to the SB3gx and
rebuilding the INSTALL kernels (et al) I found that both INSTALL kernels
can boot from a hard drive with old boot blocks! This probably means that
the existing boot.net will now take them also.

Anyway, I'm updating the snapshot directory now for anyone who wants to
verify that the SS1/ELC fixes work. I think we should just run with this
set of binaries however, so I'm also putting a copy in the official
release area.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com