Subject: Re: SLC 1.4.2 boot still fails
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/10/2000 13:38:39
Todd Whitesel said:

>I need more testers, here is all I have so far:
>
>SS1	crashes while attaching keyboard
>SLC	crashes while attaching bwtwo
>IPX	was the build machine, boots GENERIC fine.
>SS5	everything works (incl. X11)
>SB3gx	boots/runs the IPX's disk of the built system just fine

I have an SS1 with 32 megs, CG3, 850MB disk, and no floppy.

I would like to do a network install on this box of 1.4.2.

I've done network installs on Sun3 systems, and as I remember
there is a netbsd-rd that allows partitioning of the drive before
installing the miniroot. What am I looking for in the sparc 142
distribution that I will need to load from the netboot prompt?

I'm more than willing to do some testing today.

Thanks.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com