Subject: Bootable CD..
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <sean@cbrmain.cbr.nrc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/10/2000 13:43:37
greetinks.  I have a sparcstation 4 (as you may already know) that I think
would work a lot better if i could get a clean re-install of NetBSD on.
I've got an external 1xCDROM drive that'll plug right into her, but no
floppy drive in it.  Anyone know if its possible to make a NetBSD bootable
cd for sparcs?  I know openbsd does it, so there MUST be a way, but I
dunno how.  If openbsd put their sparc bootable cd image somewhere i'd
burn that, boot, swap cds to the NetBSD one and install NetBSD since (i'd
assume) they're similar enough to accomodate this.  Anyone got any ideas?
I'm off to hunt for an external floppy drive for this thing, but without
much hope...

--Sean