Subject: Re: SLC 1.4.2 boot still fails
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/10/2000 03:23:06
> Using the GENERIC kernel from
> <ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc/snapshot/1.4.2/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz>
> (downloaded today), I still get a crash when booting my SLC.  The 1.4

The 1.4.2/ stuff hasn't changed since it went up.

I need more testers, here is all I have so far:

SS1	crashes while attaching keyboard
SLC	crashes while attaching bwtwo
IPX	was the build machine, boots GENERIC fine.
SS5	everything works (incl. X11)
SB3gx	boots/runs the IPX's disk of the built system just fine

Until we at least know what to put in the README, I can't move 1.4.2/sparc
to the release area. If we can fix whatever it is first, so much the better.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com