Subject: Re: Current Boot Floppy Broken
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 08:20:00
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> I bet you didn't update your /etc/disktab before coming to that conclusion.

Ergh! You're right! Sorry about that.

> However, I think I agree with keeping these geometry parameters
> together in the Makefile.

I'm actually wondering whether we need to bother with giving the
thing a geometry at all. ISTR I've made floppy disks on the i386
without giving an explicit geometry and they booted just fine. That
would be one extra bit of complexity removed. I can run some tests.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
      «Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe.»