Subject: Re: Current Boot Floppy Broken
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 09:41:44
> ... Paul tried to fix this by bumping up the size of the
> image, but since it was still being newfs'd with the old geometry,
> there wasn't actually any more space it could use, so it still died
> in the same way. I just committed a fix for this (and bumped up

I bet you didn't update your /etc/disktab before coming to that conclusion.

However, I think I agree with keeping these geometry parameters
together in the Makefile.

> Now I can start trying to strip out stuff to make it small enough,
> but I'm doubting I can find a half megabyte of stuff to yank (unless
> I start yanking things like sysinst...that's probably not good),

Last time I built this I yanked features from `pppd' and added a
   `CRUNCHSPECIAL pppd srcdir distrib/utils/x_pppd'

Not sure if that still works with this week's sources..

-pk