Subject: Re: svr4 emulation problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: James Sharp <jsharp@psychoses.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 03:28:49
> We're getting darn close to a cut for 1.5 here, and it would be
> really sad to have to ship without svr4 emulation. Has anybody been
> looking at this recently? Any progress being made?

It seems to sort of work. I've been playing around with it trying to make
the Solaris client for our Remedy troubleticket system work.

Part of it works (the notifier application)...the actual client doesn't
since it seems to be multithreaded and according to the compat_solaris man
page, threads don't work yet...which I tend to believe given the horrible
backtraces & coredumps I get when trying to run it.

I did this testing on a -current kernel that was CVS updated as of
Monday.