Subject: Re: ELC support broken?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 02:08:55
>>> I've got an IPC I can make available,
>> I'll be happy to give the mud a spin on it, if the IPC has enough
>> RAM ([...] the least I'd dare try it with is 28MB).
> Not much chance of that, unless four more 4 MB SIMMs appear from
> somewhere.  I've got 16 MB in it now, and could steal some 1 MB SIMMs
> from a Sun 3/60 to bring it up to 24 MB, but at that point I'm out of
> slots.

Oh, right, the IPC has only three banks.

I could try it with 24MB, but I would expect it to page like mad.
Might be worth trying anyway.

>>> (If someone knows where to get a new NVRAM chip cheaply, [...])
>> Ummm...from someone who's throwing out a machine with a totally
>> torched CPU or something? :-)
> Heh.  Chances are all IPCs with original NVRAM chips have dead
> batteries by this point, unless the clock was shut down on them
> before putting them into storage.

...or if they've been in service more or less continuously.

But I didn't say "...throwing out an IPC with..." - aren't the NVRAM
chips pin-compatible across fairly wide swaths of SPARCdom?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca