Subject: Current Boot Floppy Broken
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 01:56:43
Well, recently when I was trying to build src/distrib/sparc/ramdisk
on current, it blew up due to lack of space on the image it was
creating. Paul tried to fix this by bumping up the size of the
image, but since it was still being newfs'd with the old geometry,
there wasn't actually any more space it could use, so it still died
in the same way. I just committed a fix for this (and bumped up
the size slightly more, even), but unfortunately we're still not
at a working boot floppy again yet, because it being very difficult
to fit 1920K of data on a 1440K disk, we now blow up in
src/distrib/sparc/bootfs. :-)

Now I can start trying to strip out stuff to make it small enough,
but I'm doubting I can find a half megabyte of stuff to yank (unless
I start yanking things like sysinst...that's probably not good),
so it's looking like we've got to follow the i386 port to multiple
boot floppies. Has anybody looked at this? If so, I'm open to
suggestions on how to do this. Or, given how limited my time is,
if someone wants to take this on, I'd be happy to supply equipment
to work on.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
      «Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe.»