Subject: Re: ELC support broken?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2000 01:45:06
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, der Mouse wrote:

> > I've got an IPC I can make available,
>
> I'll be happy to give the mud a spin on it, if the IPC has enough RAM
> (the mud occupies a little under 30MB of space, and if it doesn't all
> fit in core it pages the machine to death - the least I'd dare try it
> with is 28MB).

Not much chance of that, unless four more 4 MB SIMMs appear from
somewhere.  I've got 16 MB in it now, and could steal some 1 MB
SIMMs from a Sun 3/60 to bring it up to 24 MB, but at that point
I'm out of slots.

> > (If someone knows where to get a new NVRAM chip cheaply, I'd welcome
> > the info--I'm not sure I want to spend $25 to fix this problem.)
>
> Ummm...from someone who's throwing out a machine with a totally torched
> CPU or something? :-)

Heh. Chances are all IPCs with original NVRAM chips have dead
batteries by this point, unless the clock was shut down on them
before putting them into storage.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
      «Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe.»