Subject: Re: SLC netboot problem
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: George Tsilikas <gtsili@essex.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/06/2000 21:16:25
Steven Grunza wrote:

> [NOTE:  This e-mail was sent, without the files attached, to the list.  The
> e-mail with the files attached was sent only to George.]
>
> The last time someone posed this problem, he sent me a config file.
>
> I've attached the config file and the kernel it built.  Let me know if you
> need anything else.....
>
> Steven Grunza
> steven_grunza@ieee.org

A million thanks Steven ... my NetBSD/Sparc box is up and running now.
I thought I could never make it work.
It looks like is running very smooth, even though some configuration is
needed.
I get a few messages while booting, I suspect that has to do with the
kernel that
the config file produces
------------------------------------
adding interface aliases
dmesg: kvm_nlist: bad namelist
starting system logger
checking for core dump...
savecore: /netbsd: kvm_nlist: bad namelist
savecore: /netbsd: _dumpdev not in namelist
.
.
.
building databases
kvm_mkdb: /netbsd: file format not recognized
.
.
Mind explaining?

Thank you in advance